Since I dropped the ball and didn't do Three Things Thursday, I'm just making stuff up now. I'm sure someone somewhere does Five Things Friday. And if they don't, it begins now.
1) I woke up this morning to find that I won an awesome looking pair of boots from Racing With Babes!! They look super funky and comfy, both of which I really love to get out of a boot. I have two pairs of boots right now, but one is warm (Uggs) and ugly and one is cute but not as comfy. Having a pair that does both will seriously rock! I'd love to start paying it forward and doing giveaways of my own, but I just don't have the level of readership needed yet. If any of you would like to share this blog, I'd be forever grateful and hopefully will offer you some cool shit in the future! And tips on getting some giveaways started would be greatly appreciated. I'm still so new at this, but I dream big.
2) The boy had his two-year checkup today, and all looks great! We already knew he was healthy--the child will eat food off of the ground at Ikea, and his sister will be the one getting sick! He spazzed out at the doc's office in nothing but his pull-up and some socks, running all over and smiling. It was fairly adorable. He only stopped playing when he got a shot, but then he pepped up upon receiving his triceratops sticker. His poor sister was far more upset for him than he was, it was very sweet.
3) Because of illnesses and hubby's work trip, I didn't run for four days. It was pretty horrible. Especially since I'd run the previous ten in a row, my body had gotten used to the awesome daily activity. Even just one mile a day makes a huge difference to me! So on Tuesday I started back, and it was glorious. I'm back on my 30-day streak again, and it'll probably be much longer considering I signed up to do another one with I <3 to Run and will make up my own workout streak New Years thingy. Hooray for daily activity, makey Mommy happy!
4) On a sad note--my beloved Holiday Marathon series has suffered a major blow. The Christmas Marathon was denied its permit for some ridiculous reasons (political), and now it looks like they may not be holding the others again. Fortunately, the Westchester Parks Dept has allowed the Christmas one to happen in Yonkers, even with it being so last-minute, but it doesn't look like others will happen there. The New Years Marathon has already been cancelled, and I'm pretty bummed. I'll take what I can get though and keep signing petitions to get it all fixed. Keep your fingers crossed for the Van Cortlandt Track Club that this gets fixed and people get to keep running together for free!
5) I'm volunteering tomorrow night at the World's Toughest Mudder, and I'm sooo pumped! It will start tomorrow morning and last for 24 hours straight. The people doing this thing are truly hardcore (and fucking insane, if you ask me), but I can't wait to watch them get their crazy on. I'll be working the Saturday midnight-6am shift because I thought it sounded like the most fun. It'll be the time when the participants really have to dig down deep and push themselves the hardest through the cold and darkness. On the flipside though it'll be cold as balls, the boy will have his first night without me, and I'll finish it off exhausted with a drive home through NYC. I may sleep in my car for a bit at the end. But hopefully it'll be worth it--I'll get to have a cool experience, my son will (hopefully) bond with Daddy, and I'll get a wicked discount for a future TM event. Let's all hope this experience turns out to be a good one!
So there's my five things. It'll be a busy weekend full of cookie swaps, Christmas parties, playdates, and an all-night muddy racing event. What do you have happening in your busy lives? And if you've ever won anything awesome, I'd love to hear about it. :)